If you suffer from the winter blahs, Winterfest 2023 is a great way to celebrate the season with fun, in-person and virtual activities for the entire family
Winterfest will include virtual events, but also the return of in-person activities which, although on a smaller scale, will offer lots for families to do as the event transitions back to normal. In-person events will happen on the Family Day weekend in Peterborough and Lindsay, capped by a Peterborough Petes’ home game on Family Day Monday. There’s also an online auction, a variety of fun, family-friendly events, and new in 2023 a creative ‘thank you card’ contest for kids kicking off on Feb. 1.
“Taking part in Winterfest also helps support the life-changing work provided by Five Counties to help kids with physical, communication and development needs in our communities.
”Canadian Tire stores in Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg, Campbellford and Fenelon Falls return as Winterfest’s lead sponsor in 2023. “Winterfest is a great way to embrace the season, while supporting the valuable work being done by Five Counties,” says Ralph Moulton, Canadian Tire – Peterborough South Owner. “We’re proud and pleased to again be able to assist a great community event and organization.”Don’t miss any Winterfest 2023 festivities. Be sure to mark the following dates on the calendar:
- February 1-28 – Winterfest kicks off with the first-ever ‘Thank You Card Contest’ for Kids. Help Five Counties show appreciation to its supporters by writing words, creating a drawing, or colouring a picture that says, ‘thank you.’ Kids can enter to win prizes, and one child’s artwork will be selected and featured on Five Counties thank you cards. Find contest rules and colouring sheet samples on the Five Counties website.
- February 16-21 – Check out the many Winterfest Virtual Events available, including a workout with the Peterborough Petes, winter scavenger hunt, story times, baking demo, snow creature contest, magic show and colouring contest. https://www.fivecounties.on.ca/mt-event/winterfest-2023/
- February 16-21 – Winterfest gears up with its Online Auction featuring a selection of hand-made quilts, artisanal wood items, gift cards, kids’ toys, and more. Register to join the bidding.
- February 18 – See you in-person for fun, family-friendly Winterfest activities set for Lansdowne Place (645 Lansdowne St. W.) in Peterborough from 10 am to 2 pm.
- February 19 – Check out the fabulous Winterfest festivities coming to Lindsay Square Mall (401 Kent St. W.) in Lindsay from 10 am to 2 pm.
- February 20 – Cap the Family Day long weekend by cheering on the Peterborough Petes as the team hosts the Sudbury Wolves. Take part in silent auction and have a chance to win prizes, all while supporting Five Counties.
Feb 16-21, 2023
Event Start/End Times:
Lansdowne Place – 10am-2pm, Lindsay Square – 10am-2pm, Memorial Centre – 2pm start, Virtual 8am-8pm
Events at malls & virtual events are free, $15 for tickets to the Peterborough Petes when you purchase through Five Counties.