We invite you to run or walk with us on Sunday, October 6, 2019 for the CIBC Run for the Cure in Peterborough.
- This year, the Canadian Cancer Society CIBC Run for the Cure is taking place on October 6th in 57 communities across Canada.
- Sign up today at ‘CIBC Run for the Cure dot COM’ and support the people in your life and those in our community affected by breast cancer.
- You can walk, jog, run – whatever you like! Just promise you’ll be there.
- Last year, more than 80,000 people from across the country participated raising $16.2M for the breast cancer cause.
- It’s because of the funds raised through the Canadian Cancer Society CIBC Run for the Cure that we know more than ever before about how to prevent, diagnose, treat and live with and beyond breast cancer.
- Important progress is being made, but we still need your help.
- 1 in 8 women are expected to develop breast cancer in their lifetime and, on average, more than 70 Canadians will be diagnosed with breast cancer every day.
- Make your promise to sign up, donate or fundraise for the Canadian Cancer Society CIBC Run for the Cure on October 6th and help make breast cancer beatable!
Sponsored by 101.5 The Wolf, Global Peterborough and 100.5 FRESH Radio.
About the CIBC Run for the Cure
In 1992, a small group of volunteers began a movement in Toronto’s High Park. That day they brought together 1,500 people to raise awareness and $85,000 for breast cancer. This marked the beginning of what was to become Canada’s largest single day, volunteer-led event in support of the breast cancer cause, the CIBC Run for the Cure. Today, the event has over 80,000 participants and raises $16 million annually in communities across Canada.
In 1997, the trailblazing partnership between the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation (CBCF) and CIBC began. On February 1, 2017, CBCF and the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) joined forces under the CCS banner. Together, CCS, CIBC and thousands of dedicated Canadians continue to raise vital funds for breast cancer through this signature event. We are grateful to CIBC, their employees and clients for their longstanding support, and to the countless volunteers, participants and donors that are helping to change the future of breast cancer.
This event unites an incredible collective of Canadians who are a force-for-life in the face of breast cancer and want to show their support. It’s an inspirational day that raises significant funds for CCS, the largest charitable funder of breast cancer research in Canada. CCS invests these dollars into ground-breaking breast cancer research, compassionate support services, trusted cancer information and advocacy on behalf of all Canadians. It’s because of the funds Canadians raise through the CIBC Run for the Cure that we know more than ever before about how to prevent, diagnose, treat and live with and beyond breast cancer.
As breast cancer continues to be the most commonly diagnosed cancer among Canadian women, touching the lives of so many families every day, the CIBC Run for the Cure gives families, friends and supporters the opportunity to join together to honour and celebrate their loved ones, and make a real difference.