Tuesday May 5 is Giving Tuesday NOW.
Help a local family by making a donation that will have a direct impact on continuing to deliver RMHC’s Mission of keeping families close
• Right now it’s hard for all families to stay close – but it’s even harder for families of seriously ill children, especially those who must travel far from home for treatment.
• RMHC houses across Canada have experienced a 30-70% reduction of funding due to cancellation of fundraising events and volunteer programs as a result of COVID-19.
• We are rallying Canadians together to fundraise $387,000 to help us keep families close. The target amount honours the number of families we’ve helped since 1981, and in support of the families that will continue to need us now and into the future.
Fundraising begins on Giving Tuesday for a month-long initiative to raise necessary funds
• As a recognized essential service, we continue to serve existing families at Ronald McDonald Houses across Canada during COVID-19. In support of our hospital partners, we have:
o Temporarily repurposed select Ronald McDonald Family Rooms inside hospitals to provide a place for rest for frontline healthcare workers
o Repurposed the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile as a maternity clinic in Calgary at this time to provide physical exams and post-partum wellness checks
• 100% of the donations made will go directly to support the RMHC Chapter in your community, in support of families. Every little bit helps make a difference, and will help provide:
o Individually packaged non-perishable food
o Hot meals for families
o Extra cleaning supplies for advanced cleaning procedures
o Gift of Family Nights to help a family stay together at a RMH House
RMHC FAST FACTS
• Despite COVID-19, 12 of Canada’s 15 Ronald McDonald Houses continue to support existing families staying with us, providing overnight accommodations, meals and support
• RMHC continues to support 25,000 families with sick children each year across Canada, supporting families from across 3,434 communities
• 1 in 4 Canadians have either stayed at a Ronald McDonald House or know someone who has
You can make a donation at rmhccanada.ca/fundraisers/donate-COVID19, where 100% of the proceeds will support a local house or chapter, or spread the word by using the hashtag #GivingTuesday and tagging @rmhccanada