What could possibly go wrong?? Haha, a whole bunch!! Watch this…
Tips for Surviving Your Office Holiday Party
It’s the time of year for the office Christmas party, and while it can be fun to relax and have some fun with your co-workers, it can be a little tricky to navigate the party, particularly with alcohol involved, so you don’t damage your standing at work. Here are some tips for you!!
- Show up for it. This isn’t something you should skip.
- Ask about the dress code ahead of time, and remember it’s a business event.
- Use the party to meet people you don’t already know.
- Don’t talk politics.
- Know you drinking limit!
- Don’t get romantic with another employee.
- Don’t be the last one to leave.
- Don’t go to the third venue. It’s okay to go out someplace with your co-workers after the party ends, but don’t go to a third venue after that. Because: “It’s no longer the ‘happy hour’ crowd. It’s now the ‘let’s rage’ crowd.”
- Only post positive things about the party and other attendees on social media and ask people before posting photos of them.
- Make it to work the next day.
*******I may or may not have broken every one of these rules!
© 2018 Corus Radio, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.